Thursday 8 July 2010

A trip to London part 2

So, after a quick scout around the V&A shop (LOVE that shop), we jumped back on the tube and headed over to the design museum - it really does never fail to amaze me just how slooowwwllly students walk! The Brit Insurance exhibit is always a must, especially for our girlies (and occassional boy) as it takes them beyond the purely textile and into a broader world of design, in fact it's always the other stuff that really inspires me and I think that if I wasn't a 30 something (O.K. nearly 40) lecturer I might like to have a go at product design. This year there was everything from plugs that you could flatten to aid easy postage to groovy pants and projectable phones.Waiting to go in.





I don't know what it is about this but I love it!
This is the sort of thing that I would become obsessed by and Ivan (Mr Bicknell) would divorce me over!

The WWF commissioned a bunch of artists to use their collection tin style of Panda to come up with original artworks - this one consisting of many small replicas rotating in unison - lovely, but a bit freaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment