Monday 12 July 2010

Amery Hill - a jewelry talk.

Unintentionally I have fallen into helping out at one of our local comprehensive schools for thier arts week each summer, based around the subject of jewelry making, which is something I like to dabble in on the side - I tend to go for the more unusual of materials, but I love jewelry and am always looking out for unusual buys - so I can blag a bit to a certain extent! However this year, the lovely Sadie who you would have seen in my New Designers post and Izzy who has just left us here at Alton, agreed to come along and share their amazing work with the students too - this is what I love about our students, they are always prepared to get stuck in and help out - even if they have left and moved on to pastures new! I think we gave the Amery Hill lot some good ideas, we will just have to wait and see!

Sadie (left) and Izzy (right), don't you just love them?!

Checking out the wares!


Taking a closer look.


Izzy's beautiful felted flower brooches!

A tiny glimpse into the wonderful world of Sadie's jewelry.

Sadie's precious rings - every one tells a story...

And now for some of my stuff.....

Crochet flower brooches.


Felted bird - a bit too big for a brooch, but you never know...


Laser cut hanging bird - I am OBSESSED with birds - you will see MANY more of these!

Resin heart brooches, simply pour resin into an old ice -cube tray, I got mine from Ikea, and then drop in buttons, thread, pins, beads, whatever.



Handmade resin bangles containing anything I could lay my hands on - not very controlled, but interesting enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment