Monday 12 July 2010

The life of a textiles teacher - not always pretty!

It isn't all about making things look pretty being me you know, being married to a hard core trekker and rock climber can get you into some awkward situations! I once, only once, mentioned that I would be interested in climbing Kilimanjaro, and before I knew it I was on a plane and touching down in Tanzania - NEVER have I been so terrified or knackered, however I did do all 5895 Meters of it! So having done this (and getting a marriage proposal out of it), I seem to end up getting involved in all sorts of things - I've trekked in the Himalayas, the Andes, the Alps, the Knuckles in SriLanka, Volcanoes in Guatemala and from Dana to Petra in Jordan, and so fabulous was that, that Ivan (Mr Bicknell) and I are taking a group out each in October, so some training has to take place...... It is always Ivan's idea to do something stupid, so yesterday we walked, on mass from the Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Petersfield (further than Petersfield actually) to Selborne, it was hot, sticky and exhausting and the really stupid thing is that it was probably a great deal harder than anything they will actually do when we are away!!
But welcome to my world of living with a nutter!

I couldn't find a good picture of the Queen Elizabeth Country Park
and forgot to take one - so the fact that we were following the Hangers way will have to do!





















From the start to the finish - 12 long miles!


Precautionary measures.....


All bright eyed and bushy tailed - hmmm, let's see what we look like in 7 hours time once we have actually walked for 12 miles!


Ivan (mr Bicknell) double checking the route - any extra walking might just finish us off!



Walking through the flax - beautiful!


Expert blister repair!


Hot, sweaty, worn-out, but triumphant!

No comments:

Post a Comment