Thursday 5 July 2012

Roughing it, well almost......

In between putting up the shows and all the hideous marking Ivan (Mr Bicknell) and I headed off to soggy East Dean with our Nepal teams (getting close now) for a bit of camping and expedition training, well, I say camping..... sure we had tents, slept in a field (full of fresh cow pats) and didn't shower for 2 days, but there was a rather posh village hall available to cook and eat in - I'm telling you, that is pure luxury! My team is great, full of lots of fun characters and our leader Linn, (yay, a female leader at last) is a real scream and scarily qualified - so we'll be safe!!!! BTW we are going away with a great company called True Adventure - check 'em out... www.true-adventure.co.uk .

Henry - in charge of breakfast - at least my team cooked outside once - did yours Ivan? Err, no, they didn't.

Lunch on the run....

.........but Darren (my partner in crime) appears to have lost his....

Goodwood


Learning how to cross a river, yeah really!

The fabulous baking boys!

An exercise in trust (in the posh village hall) ...... going...


going.....

still going......

gone!

Sunday was Father's day (happy day Dad) and as we finished up at lunchtime we could go out and eat with my family in the evening - Chinese too which was a godsend after a weekend of  basics beans, cooking them in a proper kitchen didn't change the fact that the food allowance was only £3.50 per person, for the ENTIRE weekend - blimey, my daily sarnie and coffee costs more than that!! Anyhow - the restaurant had tanks of these cool fish - I love the second one - well hello!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment