Thursday 11 November 2010

Bonfire night - don't you just love it?!

It is officially here - my absolute favourite time of year - it hasn't made a bit of a difference being a grown-up what so ever -and from bonfire night onwards I just love the cold nights, the brittle leafy days, occassionally even the wind and the rain (and snow), and all the fun that goes with the clebrations that take place between now and New year! I even love this time of year at college when UCAS is out the way, I have finished all the reports and I can get on with helping the girls to present their folio - it brings everything together and what really does it for me is knowing that they are generally secretly very pleased with what they have achieved - then comes secret santa, parties and the holidays! We are a pretty cheery group in art and have already sorted out our secret santa and a place to have a festive meal!
This Year Ivan (Mr Bicknell) and I were in charge of letting off the fireworks at Thedden - his family home, so I didn't have enough hands or courage for that matter to take photos - but I did get to play with some sparklers and munch some of the food on offer!
The Theddonites know how to put on a good spread! Mulled wine, Sean's special squash soup and homemade toffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment