Sunday 6 February 2011

The manic making of moodboards...

So on friday I was horrible - they will all tell you, HORRIBLE. But I'm afraid they deserved it and hopefully my words might sink in - having worked successfully as a designer for a long time I know how hard it is - at my peak I was working 18 - 20 hour days, the clients don't care if you have other committments, they just want the work, and being committed, relible and dedicated takes you a very long way - it's tough and in the end the reason that I took on a full time teaching position was because it was damaging my relationship - as it turns out, it was the best decsion I ever made and despite my current dissapointment in some of my charges, I love everything (almost ) about it, it is also nice that I still have an agent who stills sells my work occassionally and I can play around at making handmade things in my holidays - but blimey, a cushty life like mine took some engineering, and I'm afraid to say that the fact that I was always a workaholic stood me in good stead - if only the students could understand this, and talking to Laura this week really opened my eyes up to just how hard it is to secure a creative position these days, particularly if you are not motivated - so my students can think I am a bit of a nasty piece of work, I don't care, it is for their own good, if they don't learn now uni and work will be a very rude awakening.........

After my rant about a poor homework submission the studio got busy and moodboards were poping up all over the place - now this was more like it...












Long may the hive continue to buzz......!

At a later date I have found these on the little brown button blog - spooooky! Just proves that single coloured moodboards are the way to go!!!

http://brownbutton.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-bliss.html




No comments:

Post a Comment