Monday 2 May 2011

Weekend antics....

So "he" is away AGAIN, must have been something I said huh? Ivan (Mr Bicknell) has left me to my own devices yet again - just as well that I'm resourceful isn't it!! So this is what I've been up to... Saturday morning, off he goes with his ropes and bags of crisps, ready to scale some craggy crag or other with his comedy miserable friend Stewart in the Peak District at stupid O'clock. I languish in bed for a while struggling to stay awake so that I can enjoy the cup of tea he has thoughtfully left for me before it ebbs into stone coldness - and begin formulating a plan for the next 3 days, helpfully being pushed about by our bossy boots cat Sniff. Scratch, the other one, is checking out the weather from the window sill and advising me on what I should wear in accordance with this.... So here is how things panned out - a trip into Farnham for some fabric, cushion pads and piping - except it appears that one can no longer buy ready covered piping and I am going to have to cover it myself - oh great - the young rather laddish, but surprisingly and impressively knowledgeable chap in Freelance was rather unimpressed by my intention to cheat with this, but, life is far too bloody short and needs must! If you haven't guessed, it's cushions for me this weekend - not curtains (I hope), although some of ours do need replacing.....  I also honestly tried too not to look in the sparkly clothes shops, but I am sadly programmed to do so and might have picked up a piece or two for the summer - but shush - don't tell Ivan (Mr Bicknell), as I am not supposed to be spending money I haven't got...... A quick pop into Waitrose allowed me to pick up some of my favourite goodies (- brilliant that we don't have this particular supermarket in Alton as I would be broke - but there is talk of one....) and begin the spread of a Facebook rumour courtesy of Ellie Lyver - I tell you if you want to get info around fast and have it taken notice of - use Facebook!

Alongside the cushion development I also went to see 3 Harold Pinter plays at the Phoenix Theatre in Bordon - yes really - as a friend of mine was acting in them - I had received a very desperate text pleading with me, as shall we say, sales hadn't hit the roof! I went along with her folks - my neighbours, Sue and Roger, and I can honestly say it was an absolute blast - oh God, on so many levels! Post theatre I shared a late supper with Sue and Roger, and as usual, didn't say no (even though I knew I should and already consumed a few glasses of wine at the theatre and one of Rogers's deadly G & T's) when the brandy came out and I suffered for it all day yesterday! Being roused at 11 am by Ned suggesting afternoon tea was the only thing that actually got me out of bed! Always lovely to see Ned, Michelle and Merryn (who is growing at a rate of knots), Ned has a big summer birthday coming up - another 40 victim, so talk turned to this, when I suggested that maybe a surprise wedding might be in the offing too they were suspiciously overly dismissive - now wouldn't that be nice? And, ahem, about time...... 

Ohhh I watched the first two parts of exile too, on the BBC, does anyone else think he is rather nice? Not as lovely as Mr Tennant of course though, who I, providing my tickets are legit, will be seeing in Much ado about nothing on the 4th June! Another naughty purchase - but hey, why not - I am taking my Mum, although for some reason, she wasn't half as excited as I was when I told her!

The collection - by Harold Pinter

Laura Dymock - star actress!


Earl Grey, scones and Jam - not great for the hips, but I have 5 aerobic classes planned for this week, honest!
Birds, birds, birds - of course!

Fabric, and cushions and piping and binding, oh my!

Ready to iron down...

.....but which colour goes with which?

Ironed and printed and ready to sew...

Sewn and ready to go....

Two down, and out of time, watch this space....

I am a bit tragic in that whilst swapping bobbins for different coloured threads for the machine, I noticed how pretty and stripy they were - so here are some bad photos!











Oh! How did he get there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment