Sunday 3 April 2011

A day out

Sometimes when the opportunity arises you need to grab a day out don't you? And when the media department offered me the chance to escape from college for the day, I well, jumped would be a bit too enthusiastic wouldn't it, so umm, gently moved forward at the chance! A day at Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush was what was on the cards - something to do with shopolgogy (?), and by chance there were a few extra places available so the lovely Lottie, Ted and Ish came along too - at least they would have a legitimate reason for taking in the designer village and the big fashion wardrobe experience promo that was going on! I didn't feel too bad though as we had already had a mammoth day at college this week with FMP (Final Major Project) proposals - more on that in a later post - God, I cannot believe it is that time of year again already, and as it was made perfectly clear to me that everyone was tired enough, an unexpected day to do a bit of self-directed research seemed appropriate!

Although it was toooo big, toooo tempting and tooooo short a time to do any meaningful shopping (Mr Bicknell will be pleased to hear), it did make me think about how far shopping malls have come on since my first forays into the Friary in Guidford to checkout Clockhouse in C&A when I was eventually let lose! This one means business it has everything you could imagine and takes itself very seriously with its own in-house blog and range of events. All I can say is thank god I am not close enough to make the most of it!




I pinched this pic from Lottie - I couldn't be bothered to go upstairs!





Lynne the media guru - before......

And after.... Ghd'd and fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment