Wednesday 25 April 2012

The home run - well the very start of it anyway....

So here we go then, the FMP (OMG) is now under way and the pressure is on - mostly on me I might add to make sure that everyone doesn't lose the plot and have a total melt-down in the process!This my friends, is far easier said than done and the added pressure of our forthcoming panel date makes things even more intense! Today we met our second social worker so things are hotting up, and it was interesting to experience someone else's view of us - the life of a textiles teacher is certainly under scrutiny! It is impossible to quantify how I feel right now - sick to my stomach about panel mainly, but excited and really terrified would also be pretty accurate too. Life is going to change beyond recognition, we are very aware of this, but a social workers perspective is not necessarily a cheery one, so I guess we'll see.....
So back to current business, the girls and boy are working hard, so far so good, but they only have 4 weeks to go and if you are reading this guys, YOU NEED TO BE MAKING STUFF NOW!!! The sketchbooks and moodboards are coming along nicely though.


Every student was asked to put a moodboard up on the wall so the everyone knows what everyone is doing. The idea also is that the group is encouraged to help each other out and add to these boards when they find something helpful, you can just see that some lovely students have already started "pinning" HA! I have just realised that it is like real-life Pinterest! Well almost any way!


As I say, the sketchbooks are looking good - Pip even went and gave blood so that he could collect extra data and some very in your face photos - Rachel took some great shots and apparently he was very brave!




Lauren drawing away!

Sam - FMP investigator and "documenter" extraordinaire!




And well, on the whole everyone has been totally absorbed in their work.




Except for Rachel - don't think I don't notice when you are watching The Only way Is Essex madam, Made In Chelsea I might forgive, but TOWIE?


Meanwhile the first years are banging out their Roald Dahl boards, some quicker than others.... 







This appeared last week - any ideas?

Finally...
Paul showed me this which I love.....





But I love this even more.......







No comments:

Post a Comment